Jones & Keller’s Trusts and Estates attorneys provide comprehensive estate planning services to establish and implement efficient individual and multigenerational succession planning. We work closely with our clients and their families to provide planning which meets the current and future income needs of the clients as well as their tax, familial, business and charitable goals and objectives.
The Trust and Estates attorneys understand that effective succession planning does not end with a Last Will and Testament. There are a myriad of services which are necessary to ensure that a well drafted Last Will and Testament achieves the client’s ultimate goals. The Trusts and Estates attorneys also represent estates in probate and trustees in the administration of trusts.
Jones & Keller’s Trusts and Estates attorneys provide such additional services as:
- Implementing asset transfers so that the estate plan represented in the Last Will and Testament can be achieved.
- Advice regarding the impact of qualified retirement plans and the means for minimizing income taxation of such plans.
- Development and preparation of efficient estate plans for high net worth individuals.
- Representation of fiduciaries in the administration of large and complex estates and trusts.
- Defense of audits of Estate Tax, Gift Tax and Fiduciary Tax returns brought by the Internal Revenue Service and the State of Colorado.
- Representation of Trusts and Trustees in litigation and divorce actions to protect the assets of Trusts.
- Representation of individuals and fiduciaries in all aspects of litigation relating to the interpretation and administration of trusts and estates in the State of Colorado.
- Establishing and implementing complex gifting strategies for the multigenerational transfer of wealth to minimize gift and estate taxes.
- Preparation of federal and Colorado Estate Tax, Gift Tax and Fiduciary income tax returns.
- Establishment of family investment vehicles such as family limited partnerships and limited liability companies.
- Establishment and implementation of charitable contribution vehicles such as family foundations, donor advised funds and direct gifts.